Monday, December 3, 2012

Twinkies? And I Ain't Talkin' Bout Hostess!

Friday was the big day, it was finally time for the ultrasound! Heather and I had both agreed that we were expecting only one gestational sac, since my beta numbers we so low. When one sac appeared on the screen, I told Heather, "see, only one! YAY!" and Dr. E said for me to hold on just a minute because I was speaking too soon. The nurse turned the wand sideways and HOLY EFF THERE IS ANOTHER SAC IN THERE! Heather claims I yelled "holy sh**!" but I don't remember that. Ha! The second sac was just a teeny bit smaller, and the Dr. E explained that it could be a twin with a smaller sac, just catching up (which makes sense, as one of the embryos was smaller) or a twin that has arrested and will vanish. We have another ultrasound December 14th to see.

Heather and Brandon came up for the ultrasound and it was great to see them! They're coming back on the 14th, and since my Brandon is off work that day, he'll get to go too so we can all do lunch after our appointment. I'm so anxious to see if we still have twins, and to see a heartbeat, or two. It was too early Friday, and I know we will all feel much better once we see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment