Monday, November 12, 2012

Transfer Complete!

Our transfer was scheduled Saturday morning at 10:30am. It's about a 3.5 hour drive to the clinic for me, and 4.5 hours for Heather. So needless to say, we had to get an early start. I went to bed early, about 9:45pm, and set my alarm for 6am. I woke up at 6:53. Alarm didn't go off! I yelled at Brandon that we were late and I took off to get ready. In 15 minutes I managed to get dressed, fix my hair, take all of my pills, cram the rest of our things into a bag and get breakfast to eat in the car. Brandon said I was blur the whole time, just running all over the house. Ha! 

We left town at 7:10 and my GPS said we wouldn't get to the clinic until 10:50am, but we somehow made up time and pulled in at 10:15! Heather and her mom, Brenda, arrived right after we did. We were called back to the room shortly after signing in and after I got ready, Heather and Brenda joined us in the room. We all talked and joked around for a little while until the embryologist came in to give us a picture of the babies (below) and explain the grading. They were a 4BB and 4CB. The embryologist said they were great & then started telling us about the risk of splitting and triplets... She said she tells everyone that but she didn't tell us that at the last transfer! 



The RE, Dr. Le, came in a few minutes later. We weren't expecting him, as our transfer was scheduled with Dr. Haas, but Dr. Le told us that he didn't feel right letting anyone else do the transfer. He looked at the embryos & told Heather they were beautiful embryos and he expects at 70% chance of live birth, and a 40% chance of twins. He checked out my file & told me that they grade all patients trasfers on a scale of 1-5, 1 being the easiest transfer, and 5 being the most difficult. I was graded on my past transfers and I am happy to report that I am a 1! Dr. Le was pretty happy about this too. He then went on and on about my wonderful cervix and how I was just made to give birth, and that we'd better be close to the hospital when I near my due date because this baby is just going to pop right out. We were all laughing throughout the transfer. We didn't even know he'd done it, we thought he was still doing the practice transfer and he said "That's it, the embryos are in!"

After they wheeled me down to the car, we drove across the street to the hotel & went up to our room to begin bedrest. When we walked in, I saw the HUGE basket Heather had put together for me. And I mean HUGE. It had bags of pretzels, big bags of every kind of M&M, little bags of gummy bears, Pringles, Reese's, Doritos and Sun Chips, Sprite, Gatorade, Dr Pepper, and 34 pregnancy tests! And right on top of everything, an LSU hoodie :) I felt SO spoiled!! Heather & Brenda went over to Cheddar's to pick us up some lunch and we all ate and talked for a while. They had a long drive back to Houston, so eventually they had to go. We stayed the night in the hotel & got up Sunday morning and did some Christmas shopping for the kids before heading back home.

I'm off work today as well, so I'm planning to just lay around and take it easy. I had some cramping yesterday, but it seems to be gone today. Our original plan was to wait til Wednesday night to start POAS, but Heather's bringing the peer pressure so I think it'll be Wednesday morning! I'll update as soon as we have something worth updating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment