Friday, November 16, 2012

Seeing Double



Well fancy that! That is my home pregnancy test from 6pm tonight. I've been getting much fainter lines beginning on Tuesday night, but we were hesitant to call it until this afternoon. Slowly but surely, that line is a-gettin' darker! Looks like I'm knocked up!

We still need all the thoughts, prayers & well-wishes you can send us. Our blood test is Monday morning and we'll have another one 48 hours later to make sure that the number is doubling properly. There is some standard rule about doubling times, but I can't remember what it is to save my life. Basically, in order to see that it's a healthy, viable pregnancy, the number has to double in a certain timeframe. So that first number will be a good indication of how things will go, and the second number will paint an even clearer picture. Then we have to wait 4 whole weeks from the transfer date to have an ultrasound to see just how many babies we're baking in there & check for a heartbeat/heartbeats.

I wanna thank everyone who has reached out to us, prayed for us, and let us know we are in their thoughts. I know I speak for Heather and I, and both of our Brandons, when I say that we greatly appreciate it. We are looking forward to a happy & healthy 9 months, but we know we have a few hurdles to jump over before we get there. Love y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Prayers continue! What a miraculous thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super excited. :) I can't wait for the beta! (Oh and it's a 48 hour doubling time)..... I feel great about this for you and Heather both! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete