Thursday, November 8, 2012

Away We Go!

I've done a terrible job at keeping up with this over the last 6 weeks or so, but there hasn't been too much happening until just recently. Heather had her egg retrieval on 11/5 and they were able to get 16 eggs! On Tuesday the embryologist called to let them know that 9 of those 16 had fertilized and were growing. We're eagerly awaiting the Day 3 call to tell us how many of those 9 are still growing and how they're looking. This cycle has been vastly different from our first one, and in a very good way. Last cycle, everything that could go wrong, did. There were issues with almost everything. Monitoring, conflicting schedules on important dates, the egg retrieval yielded less than stellar results for the embryos AND for Heather. There were only two embryos and we had to rush into a 3 day transfer, and then we had a chemical pregnancy. I do believe though that everything happens for a reason, and for whatever reason, we just weren't ready. I'm feeling much better about this cycle, and I think everyone involved feels the same.

I really enjoyed keeping up with my blog when I was pregnant with my first surrogacy, and I'm going to try my best to keep it up this time. I want to document everything & take a thousand pictures so that this baby's family can be as involved as possible. With my first surrogacy, my Intended Parents families all would read my blog & comment, and it was just really cool for them to be so connected. I didn't want any of them to feel like my IP's were just showing up out of the blue with a baby that was essentially a stranger. If my IM were the one who was pregnant, her parents would've known everything going on with her pregnancy, and I wanted to share as much as I possibly could. So by the time Miss T was born, her grandparents knew that she was a night owl, that she got the hiccups at least 178 times a day, and that she was very strong and active. And this baby will have 3 older siblings who will be very curious & probably want to know what's happening as well. Blogging was a great outlet for me to get all the thoughts in my head OUT. Carrying someone else's child is an amazing experience & I had to be able to put all of my thoughts and feelings in black & white.

So as helpful and neat as it was to the IP's and their family, it was just as helpful for me. I hope that makes sense. Heahter blogs as well, about pretty much everything, but she'll be blogging about the surrogacy from her perspective as well. She is an author on this blog, if she wants to pop in & share things from time to time! I will also link her blog on mine, once I remember how to do that.

 I'm gonna go get back to crossing my fingers and wishing & hoping that we get a good report on the embryos today. I'll update when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment