Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's a...

We had our "big ultrasound" on Monday! We got to see the baby's brain, heart, kidneys, bladder, fingers and toes.... and most importantly, we saw that this baby is a GIRL! I, for one, was shocked. I just knew this baby was a boy based on my cravings, but I guess that really doesn't mean anything. 

It was so great to see Heather & Brandon, too. We went to the hospital and toured Labor & Delivery. It wasn't as nice as I was expecting, I guess, but it'll do. We did find out that if I need a c-section, I am allowed two people in the room, so that's good at least. That was probably the best news I got. We found out that they won't allow us to take pictures during the delivery- we were hoping to get photos of Heather & Brandon seeing their daughter for the first time, but they nixed that. And I'm not allowed to have my support person with me during my epidural, which I'm really upset about. I'm not sure why I feel like that's such a big deal to me, but it is. But I have 4 months to adjust to the idea that my husband won't be there to hold my hand so I'm sure I'll be fine. 

We also pre-registered at the hospital, since we were there & to save me from doing it later on. The admissions lady kept calling me "mom" (of the baby) and then said, "and I'm sure you'll want this to be a private admission, so we'll note not to tell anyone you're here if they call." I guess she didn't understand at all what surrogacy is, and thought this was some sort of shameful adoption situation. *sigh* Oh well. 

I get to see Heather & Brandon again in a couple weeks when we vacation for Spring Break, I can't wait! I hope they can feel the baby kicking while we're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment