Monday, August 6, 2012

What's Gonna Work? Teamwork!

After delivering a beautiful baby girl for my friends K & J in December of 2010, I knew right away that surrogacy was something I wanted to do again. My life since then has taken a couple of unexpected but amazing turns, and as it's finally beginning to settle down my husband Brandon and I decided that we were ready to help complete a family. We tried a couple rounds of IVF with a couple earlier this year that didn't work, and dude to embryo issues we had to part ways. I was feeling so down and defeated, but fate works in mysterious ways. My friend Heather, whom I've known since I first started looking into surrogacy in 2009, saw on Facebook that I was looking to match with another couple and sent me a message. A couple hours on the phone later, and bam! We were matched!

It's been a couple of months now and after jumping over what seems like 238 hurdles to get here, we are finally ready! We've both been on all kinds of fun injections for a few weeks now, and Heather and HER husband Brandon are on their way now to our clinic for one more ultrasound and she should get the go-ahead to do her trigger shot and do her retrieval on Wednesday. Assuming all goes as planned, we should be transferring two embryos to me on August 13th! *fingers crossed*

Heather and I decided to team up to blog the entire pregnancy from both of our viewpoints. So check back in soon and hopefully we'll have more exciting news soon!

-Ivy

1 comment:

  1. I found a Ukrainian law translated into English. I advise anyone interested to read it. https://www.mother-surrogate.com/pdf/surrogate_motherhood_law.pdf It explains a lot of details about surrogacy.

    ReplyDelete